Saturday, June 20, 2020

To those who are there for me

So I really wanted to say something
I kinda sorta feel like it’s true
The fact you keep me from too much thinking
And save me from the feeling a little blue
Life is a treasure oft unrecognized
Beauty is a gift that you hold within
The purpose to finally realize
That to not show love is the only sin
The small things matter on a dreary day
The laughs, the joy that comes when you’re around
You listen like I have something important to say
You care about the tree that fell with no sound
When you are around I suddenly don’t care
About my petty squabbles with myself
I find myself feeling lighter than air
My worries are left unnoticed on the shelf
Can I tell you my only real secret
Can I explain what I feel inside
If I tell you will you promise to keep it
The truth is that I want to hide
But you’ve helped me become braver
You’ve given me confidence
You have the love of a savior
And got me off my wretched fence
I’ve always known that you were wise
But I never thought I was that smart
But you told me the truth with your eyes
That wisdom only comes from the heart
So these are a few lines I wrote for all to hear
You mean so much more than I can speak
My friends who I am proud to hold so dear
Who’ve made me think that I’m not weak
So live and laugh and dance a while
Sing and chant and feel your soul
Be finally rid of the treacherous bile
And then you realize that you are whole
We need each other, that’s all I know
Forget the wrong that others have done
Try to help those who feel real low
For you are my never setting Sun
You’ve watched me crawl, walk, and then run
You’ve whispered to me to simply try
And so you witnessed all said and done
You gave me wings, now watch me fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment