Saturday, June 20, 2020

Leave the light on

You struggle from the past you can’t see
You hear the voices of your enemies
Though dark is the way, in this struggling age
Help is for the brave, yet who pays the wage?
You’re scared you tell me, why only me?
Are you fighting to be free, or just to be
Living in the past doesn’t pay the bills
Dying for no one won’t stop the chills
So tell me sweetheart, should I leave the light on?
Are you still afraid of the monsters that are gone?
Will you let me comfort you with a kind smile?
Or will you let me struggle all the while?
I am your guardian, your protector, your whispering voice
I am resolute, careful to help you make the choice
To be unafraid when the darkness surrounds
To let me drive the evil out of town
So hush now child and find some rest
Listen to my words, they are the test
It could be said that over me you fawn
But if you’re scared I can leave the light on
Trust me sweet one, I am not the harbinger cold
I am not the whisper of doom so old
You need to know who you can trust
You need to feel, or else you will rust
You are partners with me in this great con
So don’t feel ashamed if you need the light on.

No comments:

Post a Comment