Saturday, June 20, 2020

Come to me

To the fairest of souls in an unfair world
To the darkest of fears all wrapped in a pearl
To the conqueror of dreams on a night so worn
To the father of terrors only soon to be born
No phrase as ghastly from the one who spoke
No ears hear the words of those still unwoke
The blessed call but the sound forgotten
The voice unheard, all faith rotten
The psychic swears, the mentor sings
The clock struck one, but the bells still ring
Fight for nothing, live amongst the ash
Avoid the curve, only to hear the crash
Try to avoid the lips unpursued
Feel the doom as you find yourself cursed
Look to the sunlight, for there is joy
But forget not the moonlight, my wayward boy
For the rays only show for those in the present
The past long gone, the future in the heavens
Call me a fool, I’m sure you’re right
Watch me run, far away from the fight
Cast your blessing upon me, you witless seer
Look me in the eye, you will see true fear
And so life goes on without a fumble
The house stands strong, pray it doesn’t crumble
As hope lives on in this fraught struggle
Don’t breathe the word, just solve the puzzle
Ask me for meaning and a quizzical stare you get
Instead ask for the truth and hope I don’t forget
Only one can know the demons inside
Only those afraid know where to hide
Kiss my head and tell me a story
Hide my crown and with it my glory
See me now, I don’t understand
How you know me like the back of your hand
Come to me, you know I want you around
But don’t come too close, this is holy ground

No comments:

Post a Comment