Thursday, July 9, 2020

Random short poems

Who am I

Who am I, the oldest question in the book
Well if you want to know, why don't you take a look
Where are you is what some will chant
The air is fresh let me continue to rant

Loquacious in thought, but hesitant in speech
The answer comes from those who cannot teach
So they say dusk comes before dawn
The night is the refuge where the demons spawn

I answer your question with a retort
Surrender being only a last resort
I do not know who I am or who I will be
What I crave is only anonymity






This Is Me

My darling can't you see
That this is me
Far away from the corners
Head hanging just above the shoulders
Pretty it seems for just cause
Sordid are those without laws
Tried and true, there is relief
Falsified delusion, your real belief


I Am Sorry

 I see you standing next to oblivion
You see me but you stopped caring
The knife in your back was placed by me
Is it too late to say that I'm so sorry
It takes a genius to say you're right
But even the gods will stop to fight
For even they know the only real song
That it takes more than divinity to admit you're wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment