Thursday, July 23, 2020

If I Could Travel in Time

What, oh what would I say to me
If I traveled back a year or three
Would I wonder why I was sad
Would I still talk about what I had

Who knows the path that lies ahead
They told me the truth but they never said
That regret is a poison mixed with envy
Is contentment a myth or only pity

Would I ask myself to be stronger
Would I say just hold on a little longer
Can you find an answer without asking a question
Can you take a stance without choosing a position

Your plan has traces of the nefarious
Your joy is mine, but I'm still jealous
Am I here or still clinging to a shadow
My outlook was and is truly harrowed

So maybe I would listen, learn, then try to speak
About how the mountain's most beautiful at its peak
But I made it this far so I will carry on
I hummed a tune, now I sing the song

Ancient forces have long debated with rage
That wisdom doesn't always come from a sage
But hindsight has a way of creating
Nothing more than a sense of longing

I wish I could have, I wish I didn't
Those two thoughts I deem repellent
For down that road you only find pain
When you wish you could do it again

So live in the moment and please don't hope
To undo your actions, instead why not cope
Say you're sorry and then move forward
No one is going to call you an unjust coward

So I guess I would say you are going to make mistakes
But what you give is more important than what you take
No one can be perfect in any way, shape or form
But you can try to be different from the norm

So hold on tight the best is coming soon
Not everyone is born with a silver spoon
But be the best that you could hope to be
And stop making yourself the enemy







No comments:

Post a Comment