Friday, July 17, 2020

Look at me

I see your eyes searing the insides of my brain
I see the tears about to fall like gloomy rain
Why do you hate me, I can only question
Did you not hear me, did you never learn your lesson

Where is folly but in the grasp of a dreamer
You despise me I know, but I am still a believer
That maybe your dislike is only just a trend
But you disparage my thoughts till the very end

You tell me you wish I was a better man
You tell me you never did what only I can
You tell me I am nothing more than a loser
You say I'm too weak to be a fighter

Thwarting my progression at every turn
Again, can you not hear me, do you ever learn
Malnourished purely from discontent
A sinner you are, now go and repent

Whenever you look at me, you never smile
You know everything about me, it's all in my file
Crazed with loathing everything that I am
You destroy my walls with your battering ram

Hostile to praise when it abounds
Clasping the ground without a sound
You say my words are really worthless and crass
As I realize that I gaze at a reflection, in the looking glass




No comments:

Post a Comment