Sunday, February 18, 2018

Would You Adore Me?



Is it ok?

If out of the teeming void of unloved and unloving...

Can I just ask for one

One of 7 billion

To think that I'm the best?



I don't need to be number 1 anymore.

This world has too many competing for the title

And none worried about those unloved.

But can you be my hero, my cheerleader, my guide?

And can you...

Withstand all logic and defy all sense

Obstruct the obvious conclusion

That they all have

And still think I'm the best?



Don't roll out a blood-red carpet

Leave the cheering fans in my head where they exist

Don't stop the clocks, leave the kettle on.

Let me be alone in my obscurity.

But can you be alone with me?

And still think I'm the best?



How did I end up here?

How did I get so lost?

Can you even find me?

Why can't I feel you?

When you are all around me?

Why can't I see you?

When you sing a lullaby to calm me to sleep

Every night

That I am without you.



Can you not see me for the wreck they see me as

Can I beg for a sympathetic saviour

Can't I use my one wish

To ask for just one



You don't need to say it,

I don't need to hear it.

It can be our little secret.

That somewhere deep inside

Only one soul needs to think it



And one day I will find you

And for a reason which I will never know

You will put my aching heart to rest

And somehow think I'm the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment